Wednesday, June 22, 2016

June 22, 2016 Mazama Village --> Medford, OR - 77.61 miles

Once the sun went down, the temps dropped significantly. Had to be in the low 40's. I had a fairly miserable night as I pretty much froze my butt off, despite the fact that I had on multiple layers of clothes and the socks I bought the last time I froze camping in Oregon. Will definitely have to reassess the effectiveness of my current mattress pad, since the issue seems to be the cold floor. 

Once I got up and moving, it seemed that the temps warmed up fairly quickly. We stopped by the lodge for breakfast on our way out. The good strong coffee and our friendly server (from Alabama) revived my spirits and set a good tone for the day. Randy, who does not seem to have the same cold weather issues I do, started the day in a good mood.

We started riding around 8:50 am, and resumed the most exhilarating curvy downhill descent for over 15 miles. What a kick!! Round and round hairpin curves lines with these beautiful pine trees. So much fun. Then when the road seemed to straighten out, it still was with a downhill "bias," so that we cruised another 10-15 miles. 






We were making such good time and it was such a beautiful day, we decide to push on to Medford rather than stop at Shady Cove. Checked into a very nice reasonably priced motel, and settled in to regroup and rest a little after the camp night. I washed clothes and called my family. Then grabbed a bite to eat and worked on the blog. Also touched base with Suzanne and John regarding plans for tomorrow in Ashland. 

All in all, another fabulous biking day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment