Tuesday, August 13, 2013

August 13, 2013




My Rest Wood Motel room

August 13, 2013 --> Rest day in Traverse City, MI

Woke up this morning to cloudy, overcast skies and temperatures in the 50's. Gusty winds. The forecast is for possible thunderstorms in the early afternoon. Tomorrow the weather is supposed to clear up with sunny skies. Randy and I met for breakfast and agreed that we would stay in Traverse City for another night. I had scoped out a little motel named Rest Wood right next door to the Motel 6. It was $12 cheaper (pays for dinner), so we moved over there. I have stayed in a wide variety of accommodations over the years, but I have to say this may be the first "shed". All in all, it met the requirements of clean, safe and reasonably priced.

We were situated on the east shore of the bay, and I went for a nice walk down to a beach across from the state park. I believe the more popular part of Traverse City that I have always heard about is on the west shore. Randy and I discussed biking there on our way out tomorrow morning. I spent a little time sitting on a bench and watching the sea gulls.











After returning to the motel, I did a little re-organizing and took nap. Later met Randy and we walked to a little Italian restaurant for dinner. I had penne pasta with steamed veggies in Alfredo sauce. Fueled for the ride to Mesick or Cadillac tomorrow. Back to the motel for a low-keyed rest of the evening. I really enjoyed this quiet day off.

No comments:

Post a Comment